x-ref intranslated docs

Jean-Charles MALAHIEUDE
Hi John, and a bonne et heureuse année, avec un PHD !

Ther seem to be a problem with cross referencing to another splitted
manual, at least towards "usage".

I fully translated running.itely (part of usage), which contains
unnumbered sectioning.
I then translated input.itely (part of notation), where there is a link
to a node which is an unmberedsubsec in running (Invoking lilypond).

Big page links correctly, but it gives a 404 with all translated
versions of the split manual. I have to say it works with the English
version.

It appears that the English version mentions section and
unnumberedsbusec as anchor (l. 85):
name="index-Invoking-lilypond"></a>
<a
href="../usage/command_002dline-usage.html#invoking-lilypond">Invoking
lilypond</a>.

on the contrary, not the translated version (e.g. French has on line
102) the unreachable:
consultez le chapitre <a name="index-Lancement-de-lilypond"></a>

This does not happen with linking to LM because there is NO unnumbered
in it, and as soon as I "number" the sectioning, there is no longer any 404.
Same when I change
  href="../usage/invoking-lilypond.fr.html"
  href="../usage/command_002dline-usage.fr.html#invoking-lilypond"

Do you have a clue?

TIA

Re: x-ref intranslated docs

Jean-Charles MALAHIEUDE
Le 05/01/2011 03:59, Graham Percival disait :

> On Tue, Jan 04, 2011 at 10:06:16PM +0100, Jean-Charles Malahieude
> wrote:
>> I fully translated running.itely (part of usage), which contains
>> unnumbered sectioning. I then translated input.itely (part of
>> notation), where there is a link to a node which is an
>> unmberedsubsec in running (Invoking lilypond).
>
> Unnumbered sectioning is nothing new; we use it all the time in
> Notation.

As long as you link to the same manual, there is no problem.

> I believe the problem is an @unnumberedsubsec without having a @node
> in front of it; this is forbidden by our doc policy.  This does not
> appear in the english version of running.itely, but I *do* see one of
> these in the french version of running.itely.

Sorry to contradict you:
there is *no*  @unnumberedsubsec without having a @node in front of it
in the French version of running.itely, otherwise the link wouldn't even
exist neither be effective in notation-big-page.fr.html as I just
checked on a fresh build.
The only sectionning that appears without a @node _also in English_ is
"@unnumberedsubsubsec Standard shell commands".